Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A Shocking Return ….. (Sorry)



Let me first start by thanking Sam and Steve for holding down the fort for the last month while all the other bloggers took some time off to concentrate on work and spend some quality time with friends, family, and pets. Their consistent posting kept the site alive for many weeks and is much appreciated.

With that being said, this is a call out to all other writers and fans affiliated with this site who have been slacking of late. It’s time to get off your bean bags and add some unresearched, illogical, and misguided opinions to the web. Baseball season has started, the NBA playoffs are afoot, and the World Cup is just over a month away, so come on and let out some hot air.

For my first contribution since the April sabbatical I would quickly like to discuss the young boy who got tased last night at a Philadelphia Phillies game for running onto the field before the eighth inning. There has been quite a bit of critical discussion concerning the severity of the security guard’s response and use of a taser on a 17 year old kid who, by all accounts, probably meant no harm.

Though I can understand how someone could interpret tasing as an overly harsh response in this situation, … wait… no, no I can’t. In fact, I would argue that the single tasing episode was not enough of a punishment. If I had my druthers, I would have liked it if he were chained up in the bullpen and tased each inning by a random fan… for the rest of the series.

Now I know people are going to accuse me of being barbaric and twisted, but seriously the kid is 17, going to a Big Ten university next year (I bet Penn State is proud), and was not intoxicated in any way (not that I would be against tasing a drunk person… I would just wait until they sober up). In other words he should know better than to do something illegal, waste everyone’s time, and be completely unoriginal and pointless.

From my point of view he got what was coming to him and hopefully it will encourage other pricks to think twice about having that “once in a lifetime experience”, so the rest of us don’t have to indulge every jackal who thinks the world is their oyster.

Anyway, that’s all I’ve got.

I’ll hang up and listen.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, JB! Good to have you back. We always miss your perspective, buddy!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete

 
[Valid Atom 1.0]