Friday, August 28, 2009

Milton Bradley is clubhouse Ebola

He is worse than a clubhouse cancer, he spreads through and infects everything around him. Bradley is like that black virus thing from Spiderman 3, he slinks around and turns Tobey Maguire into evil Spiderman. No, that doesn't make any sense.
Let me try again. Just like Spiderman 3, I can't wait for Bradley's Cubs career to be over.
He has been his usual self, spouting off to the media after games this past week.
"My family is there I have people I can talk to who are very supportive, in spite of everything and all the adversity and the hatred I face on a daily basis." He is probably referring to my daily e-mails and threatening postcards.
"All I'm saying is I pray the game is nine innings, so I can go out there the least amount of time possible and go home," Really Milton, you are a big-league player and this is your attitude? You get paid 10 million a year to play a child's game badly and this is the way you look at it.
ESPN's Gene Wojciechowski recently wrote an article about how the Cubs fans are being "racist" in their treatment of Midnight Bradley. This of course, is ridiculous. The two most beloved Cubs of all time are Sosa and Ernie Banks. The most hated Chicago athlete of recent memory is Rex Gossman. It's not about race, its about performance on the field and attitude. Darkness Bradley has brought the boos on himself by playing terribly and have a bad attitude over the course of the season. The other Cubs players have underperformed and deserve blame; Soto, Zambrano, Fontenot, Gregg, Soriano, and Miles have all had terrible seasons as well. The difference is that Kanye Bradley is more vocal and demonstrative about his poor performance. That's why he has become the scapegoat for the Cubs failed season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
[Valid Atom 1.0]