Monday, September 28, 2009

JC Has Arrived


The Bears beat the 'glow in the dark' Seahawks 25-19 in a close game where the Bears fell behind early 13-0 and came back to win in a game that came down to the final play. Here are a few thoughts.

Jay C is the player we hoped he was
The Bears passing attack is completely revamped from a year ago. The receivers Bennett, Knox, and Hester all look like elite players, and Olsen and Forte are great complements. The passing game is clicking on all cylinders. The receivers are making JC look good and JC is making the receivers look good. I have been down on Hester in the past, but this season he has caught everything thrown his way and become a dynamic playmaker on offense. You have to think that this is just the beginning. As time goes on this group is only going to get better.

Lovie Smith lives in a dream world
After the game Lovie stated that "There's nothing wrong with the pass. I'd like to be known as a running team that can pass the ball." It is difficult to understand what the hell Lovie is thinking here. Or what game he is watching. During the game I felt like the Bears were running the football just so Seattle could keep it close. The Bears passed the ball 27 times for 247 yards, and ran the ball 28 times for 85 yards. I am not a football coach but I can do simple math (with a calculator). That's over 9 yards a passing play and just over 3 yards per running play.
After Seattle kick a field goal to bring the game to 17-16 and the Bears clinging to a one point lead to start the forth quarter. Ron Turner in his infinite wisdom thought it would be a good time play conservative and bring in third-string running back Garrett Wolfe in for three straight running plays. In a critical juncture the Bears went with Wolfe. Indefensibly wrong.

The Bears are great at field goal defense
For the second straight week the Bears benefited from the incompetence of the opposing teams kicker. Mare missed 2 of his 5 field goal trys and essentially lost the game for Seattle. If I was a Seattle fan I would be really mad, not only at Mare, but at the offense for attempting 5 field goals and only scoring one touchdown. It was like the the Bears had Gandolf standing at the 25 yard line yelling "You Shall Not Pass!!!" It was the perfect example of the 'bend but don't break defense'.

TJ Houshamshabbadoos' idiocy was overshadowed at Cincy by Ochochinco
I did not realize how dumb this guy is. TJ was apperently upset that the Bears did not try to sign him in the offseason so he decided to run his mouth.
"Man, the Bears ain't holler at me," the ex-Bengal said. "Jerry Angelo probably didn't even think I could play. So I'm going to show him Sunday." Clearly TJ has no grasp of the English language.
"I feel like I'm going to get open every play, every time," he said. "But that's not going to be the case. Those guys get paid [well too]." "I feel I'm going to win regardless, but I have to be realistic. I feel I'm going to win 95 percent of the time and they can get the other 5."
TJ showcased his talent with 4 catches for 35 yards and a fumble. After the game he was asked if Briggs & Co. got the best of him. "Of course he did because they won. But I was open all game. They just didn't throw me the ball." Sure, blame the quarterback. Nice ponytail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
[Valid Atom 1.0]