Wednesday, September 2, 2009

This Week in Golf


PGA Tour - The Tour goes to Boston for the Deutsche Bank Championship. Liberty National offered a dramatic final round, and I expect no less this week as the little-understood FedEx Cup Playoffs roll on. Only the top 70 on the points list will advance to Chicago next week. This week, I do not expect Tiger to play his usual game. I have not said that since February when he first came back from an eight-month injury, but after back-to-back disappointments, I think he will either try too hard or be burnt out. My pick for the Deutsche Bank is Illinois graduate Steve Stricker. He has played well lately, and he is a streaky player. I will pick Ernie Els as my sleeper once again. He is continuing to build confidence in his game, and he had a fantastic round on Sunday. NBC will take over the Playoffs from here.

Champions Tour - The seniors will be playing Pebble Beach this week. The tournament benefits The First Tee program. Other than that, I know nothing about this event. It is only a few years old, but if I had status on the senior tour, I would not pass up a chance to play Pebble. That is where I fell in love with the game at the 2000 U.S. Open. I am feeling a win for Bernhard Langer. Check out the spectacular views on The Golf Channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
[Valid Atom 1.0]